Sunday, February 8, 2009

And the Winner Is.....

The winner is (by an overwhelming margin) RED! (Gosh, I didn't know it was that obvious!) The vote was 22-3 in favor of red. Thanks to all of you who helped me with this. Red it is! I'll post a picture of "Stars for a New Day" (The Quilt Show 2009 Block of the Month Quilt by Sue Garman) as soon as I get this "round" finished. For this month, I have to piece eight Ohio Star blocks (that finish to 4"), set the feathered star on point, surround the on-point feathered star with a floater border, construct a border made of on-point 4-patches (that finish to 2"), and put on another floater border. There are 72 of the 4" Ohio Star blocks in the finished quilt, so I have been working on some of those too.

I finished my niece's baby quilt in time to take it with me to Memphis next week. The pattern (Sleep Tight) came from the P.S. I Love You Three! book by Lynda Milligan and Nancy Smith--great book. I embroidered some of the words from Goodnight Moon around the border--"Goodnight Moon," "Goodnight Stars," "Goodnight air," and "Goodnight noises everywhere." I machine quilted it using straight lines and varigated thread in the colored blocks and a small wreath in white thread in the setting blocks. The outside border is stipple quilted and the words are outline quilted with white thread. I pieced the binding out of leftover fabric from colored blocks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that the photo doesn't do justice to this quilt. I saw it at the guild meeting and it is fabulous!