After my recent post on preparing "tons" of hexies for my current project, I got some questions about the piece on which I'm working. I realized that it has been awhile since I've shown a "progress picture." This project is taking SO long I'm thinking of calling it "What Was She Thinking!" I'm also having some reservations about ever finishing it because of the pain I'm experiencing in my right hand. There is A LOT of intense hand stitching on a piece like this. I HAVE cut down on the time I spend stitching, but that has not seemed to help. Anyway, here is my latest picture of the piece. (For perspective, one side of the hexies measures 1/2 inch.)
The top part of the piece is being stitched in rows. The center part of the piece is where I started, but I realized I absolutely could not keep my place in the pattern I'd drawn up stitching the hexagons together in the "traditional" way. The center of the bottom piece of this "puzzle" is the halfway point in this project. I have a LONG way to go.
I must say, though, that I really like have a portable project since my husband and I travel so much. I can easily work on basting the hexagons to the paper template while traveling. These different colored, basted hexies provide me with the bits of color I need to make the piece. It takes 70+ hexagons for each row, which is one of the MANY reasons this piece is taking SO long.