Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Making Progress on my "Forever" Hexie Project

I have been diligently working on my "forever" hexie project. These are my latest two finished segments.
 
I worked on the hexie project at my last retreat (in Nashville). I added some of the newest finished segments to the large piece. The Nashville retreat turned out to be a good place to do that, because (this time) I had a whole table to spread the big piece onto. Adding these segments to the big piece is NOT a good "on-the-go" project because the main piece is getting so large. The individual  segments themselves, however, are. I'll be making a trek to Florida in the near future and plan to work on some segments in the car on the drive down and back. I need to do some basting, because I'm just about out of white hexies. I sure hope I get lots done.
This is what it looked like at Show & Tell. It is getting so big now that I'm having trouble pinning it up onto my design wall.
What are you working on during these dreary winter days?

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This Hexie is a Monster. Quite a handsome beast I must say. I would imagine that it feels good to be this far along. It is looking like a quilt. Bravo.

Robbie said...

This is such an awesome piece!!! I love following your progress on it!

Unknown said...

Потрясающе!

Kathleen Loomis said...

how big is the finished quilt supposed to be?

this is looking good!!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! It looks huge, too. How much more is there to do?