Saturday, January 21, 2017

Nashville Retreat--January 2017

I just got back from a quilt retreat held in Nashville, Indiana, at the Cornerstone Inn. What a wonderful time with some wonderful women. The weather even cooperated this year--no ice and snow like we had last year. One of the many reasons I love this retreat is because I get to spend some time with some of my "far-away" friends. 
Debby is from Tennessee, and Robin comes in from Minnesota.
Robin and I spent a bit of time checking out the Life Is Good store (and several other shops in Nashville).
 
Another big draw for this retreat is the Cornerstone Inn itself. This is a wonderful place with wonderful staff. The food isn't bad either! The breakfast is fabulous, and we are treated to an afternoon "snack" and evening dessert. It is REALLY hard to stick to a diet here. This is the afternoon "snack," and they keep refilling it when a container gets low.
A good time was had by all (and a lot of work was done) as you will be able to see in the following pictures.
This is one of the "work" rooms. We also have people in another room called "The Chapel."
I'm thinking the little animal quilt will make a sweet quilt for my new grand baby (coming in June). I LOVE the wonky houses in the other pic.
Jean works with lots of little pieces. She is the "leader" at this retreat.
 
Some people worked on whole quilts.
Some people worked on blocks and other small projects.
This retreat is so much fun that people even left vacations in Florida to be here! We also had a couple of women who came in casts. This is a "dedicated" bunch! I can't wait till the next one.

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I love the animal quilt. I too thought it would be a good one for a child. I really like ALL of these quilts and pieces. I don't know how people do quilts with all of those pieces. Talk about wonky. Mine would look wonky. Not a good wonky like the house quilt either.

Carolyn H said...

I'm just in awe of the details, creativity and amount of time put into these quilts. This is a dream for me and hopefully not too far in the future.

Carolyn H said...

I'm just in awe of the details, creativity and amount of time put into these quilts. This is a dream for me and hopefully not too far in the future.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work people were doing. I'm glad you had such a good time. That food looks so tempting!

Robbie said...

You are so fortunate to be able to attend these retreats! They are a wonderful way to meet friends (old and new!) and do what we love to do!