Monday, October 24, 2016

Patoka Valley Fall Retreat 2016

This past weekend my local quilt guild (Patoka Valley Quilters Guild) had their Fall retreat at Saint Meinrad Archabbey. This was just a beautiful place to have a retreat--great views, rolling hills, impressive buildings, and a sparkling lake.

I got a few more blocks of my 365 Challenge Project done, a pillowcase made for a charity project (using some of my recently purchased bargain fabric from Ben Franklin), and 30+ blocks for my next children's charity quilt (which are not in the photograph). The first and third blocks in the second row took a LONG time to make. I worked on one of them for an ENTIRE afternoon. I'm hoping my pillowcase is considered "cheery/happy" and not considered something that would keep a child awake!!!

Our room was a large and well lit room with lots of windows. Everyone had a big table (some of us spread out over a bit more than our share).

There weren't many "tah dah" projects (finished projects that were shown), but everyone remained busy with their individual UFOs (unfinished objects). Here are a few of the pieces I managed to get a picture of.

Retreats are just the best. I don't have any more retreats until December (when I have two). I'm looking forward to them. Do you go to retreats?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such fun to see what people were working on. A nice accumulation of progress for all of you! Another batch of blocks finished for you, too.

Robin said...

I agree with you Beth, retreats are the best!! Hope you are well and I'll see you in December!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I feel inspired when I go on a garden tour or if I go to a art display. That is as close to a retreat as I have ever been. I so much enjoy seeing the quilts and other projects that you show from your retreats. I can see how these quilters would be great inspiration. I love the moose hanging. I don't see how you do such tiny work. All those little triangles sewn together no wonder it took so long.

dana said...

All the projects were lovely as usually! The little blocks you are making are really looking good. Mine would be all askew!