Saturday, October 8, 2016

Getting a Little Work Done

I have spent the day working on getting things ready for my next retreat and machine quilting on my latest art quilt (Scorched Earth). I also spent a bit of time washing fabric purchased at my last retreat. The "Kiss Me Goodnight" basket of red and black fabric I purchased for $50 contained approximately 35 yards of fabric--what a GREAT deal! Check out the pile of fabric that came out of that little red basket. (It was rolled as tightly as it could be and STUFFED into that basket. I had NO idea there was that much fabric in there.) I see a red and black quilt in my future!

Last night I had a chance to quilt a few hours on my Bouquets for a New Day quilt. I'm really liking the texture created by the hand quilting.

I have a long way to go on this quilt, but I really enjoy hand quilting. I look forward to sitting down with Nate in the evenings and spending time with him and this quilt!

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your treasure basket didn't disappoint.
I love your bouquets quilt. The quilting is very interesting.

Robbie said...

WOW...the hand quilted quilt is lovely!!!! And your stitches make it so!

dana said...

That is going to be a fabulous quilt. Can't wait to see the works from your next retreat!

Anonymous said...

Love the peek at the Bouquet quilt. Hand quilting is so relaxing, I think. I am stunned by the amount of fabric that was in the basket - less than $2 a yard - wow! And it looks beautiful, plus you have the great basket now.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great deal on that fabric! This quilt is beautiful!