Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Cabin Fever Autumn Retreat-Spring Mill 2016

I just got back from my latest quilting retreat. It was held at Spring Mill State Park in Mitchell, IN. Everyone tells me to be sure to share what the attendees do at the retreat, so her you go...

Here's what I got done. (I know, I know, it doesn't look like much.) But...

I got a dozen 6 1/2" blocks and two 3 1/2" blocks for my 365 Challenge done, one 15" block for a BOM, ten 6 1/2" blocks and LOTS of partial blocks for charity quilts (not pictured). I'd like to have gotten more done, but those 365 blocks take FOREVER!!! I'll be working on more of them at the next retreat in a couple of weeks.

We have such a nice room at the Spring Mill Inn. We each have a big table (although, that isn't enough for some people). LOL!


I don't know if they do it every year, but this year a group of these quilters made a challenge quilt. They really look different based on the fabric selection. Some got totally finished with the quilts--quilted and bound. Some just got their tops done, and some people only finished some of the blocks.
There are almost always children's quilts at a retreat. The owl quilt was made by some little children with the help of grandparents (I think). The rest of the quilts below are baby quilts.

There were LOTS of different projects.

Robin worked on some table runners/table toppers.

We all always have a good time at this retreat. I look forward to it every year.

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a fantastic room with all that natural light. I would probably be staring out the window so much I wouldn't get anything accomplished. I can't believe you all get so much accomplished in that setting. I guess it is like a big wave of energy. Fun to see it all.

Robbie said...

What a great retreat area!! Our kids live in Mitchell!!! I'll have to send DIL your post. Wonderful seeing all the projects..and you did do a lot!

dana said...

So glad you shared pictures. I love looking at everyones projects. They give me inspiration and I am making some Christmas gifts this year.

Anonymous said...

That's as good as a quilt show any day! So much variety! You actually DID get a lot done. Most of those blocks have a LOT of pieces. That looks like a super retreat.