Saturday, July 11, 2015

French Knots on a Road Trip

I just arrived in Herndon, Virginia, for the opening of the Sacred Threads exhibit. Luckily, I didn't have to drive, so I got some work done on an embroidery piece. This is how the section looked when we started out.

This is what it looked like when we arrived. It takes a LONG time to make all those French knots. I worked on it most of the trip.

I planned to start work on the green and black sections, but I just realized I don't have the green I need with me. Oh well, there are plenty of other areas to work on!

6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I love all this color. I hope you are having a good time.

Unknown said...

Making progress!

Robbie said...

That's a lot of French Knots my friend!!! A LOT!!!

dana said...

How large is this piece you're working on? It is going to be beautiful! You can and do everything. I'm so amazed at all your projects.

Anonymous said...

That is a LOT of French Knots! I'm sure you'll find something else to do. Enjoy the show!

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

Wow. This is gorgeou! I too love hand embroidery. Your work is inspiring me to do even more work on my current piece!