Friday, June 25, 2010

This is What I've Been Doing--Spending Time with My Grandson


I HAVE finished quilting a table runner, but I can't post a picture of it until I give it to the recipient. I know it might seem like it, but I haven't totally given up quilting. Life took a turn, and I've been working at getting back in the quilting/creating groove. In the meantime, I've been spending as much time as I can with my grandson.

It has been SO hot and humid here in southern Indiana that nothing feels better than cold water. My grandson (Cade) spent the afternoon running through the sprinkler set up in my back yard. I spent the afternoon laughing, smiling, and taking pictures. (There is nothing like a child's simple joy to take your mind off of your grief.) I hope these make you smile too.

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a cutie!

beckypb said...

Beth, you are so right about the joy of a child! Just watching your grandson having all of that fun brought a big smile to my face, so I know you are smiling and laughing today!

More smiles ahead!