Monday, June 14, 2010

Getting Started Again--Inspiration

I am anxious to start sewing again. I'm not sure that I feel all that "creative," so I think I'll just be following a pattern and/or doing some hand stitching. Keeping my hands busy lets my mind rest. I have some gifts that I need to work on along with lots of UFOs to complete. I sure don't lack for things to work on.

Since I haven't actually started sewing, I don't have any pictures to show you. I did (way back when) promise I would post some pictures of some of the trips I had taken that might inspire me (and you) to make a piece of art. All these pictures were taken when we were in Florida last fall and this spring.
I love the flowering plants. The colors are so brilliant.

I like the lines of the bamboo plant.
This orchid was such a brilliant "translucent" purple...I was really drawn to it.
I loved the "hot" colors of this plant.
I think the specks of color inspired me.
The lines of this palm really attracted me to it.
This was the biggest leaf I had ever seen. I loved the way the light was throwing spots onto the leaf.

2 comments:

k.somerville said...

wow-there's a LOT of inspiration in these photos. I hiked in a small Bamboo forest the last time i was down in Florida (near Marco Island where we go every year). The energy in there was so amazing. Can't wait to see what you do with Inspiration as your mantra.

Kathleen Loomis said...

Beautiful photos!!

I will be interested to see what you do to translate into fabric. Unless you want to make realistic quilts that reproduce the images fairly accurately, it's a challenge to figure out what aspect of a photo you want to hold onto, and how to not lose it as you move into a different arena.