Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Goodbye Mom

For those of you who have followed my blog, you know my Mom had become very ill. She lost her battle in the wee hours of yesterday morning (June 8, 2010). I was fortunate to get to spend the last two weeks constantly by her bedside. We had the opportunity to tell each other over and over how much we loved each other. I'm SO thankful for that. I truly feel she is at peace now.

I have found throughout this experience that sewing has helped to ease my mind and offer me a time of "meditation." I'm hoping that will continue. I've been working on a fiber piece about my Mom that I had not been able to finish. Maybe I was waiting for "closure." I think I might be able to finish it now.

9 comments:

Jeannie said...

Beth you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please know that you can reach out at anytime and I'll be here. Hugs.

k.somerville said...

I'm sorry Beth. Thanks for letting us know.

Unknown said...

Beth, I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

Beth you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad for you that you had the time to spend by her side these last weeks. I am sorry to hear this news but God will take care of her now.

Laura said...

I'm so sorry, losing you mother is such a hard thing to go through. At least you were able to spend lots of time with her during the past few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Beth, I was sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You truly were blessed to get to spend those final days with her. Mary Alice

Anonymous said...

Beth, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, Remeber we all will be together gain in a better place. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
vicky

quiltlion said...

Beth, I will be thinking about you during this time................Big Texas Hugs, Lyn G

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear about your mom, Mrs. S. Hang in there! Time heals all wounds.