Thursday, February 4, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

Last year I wanted to complete at least twelve art quilt projects...didn't happen. I used all the construction at my house as an excuse. This year, the construction is finally finished. I am now in the process of getting everything moved down to the new sewing room. I have realized that fear has me paralyzed. I think the fear of the unknown...will I have a clue what I'm doing, can I make meaningful art, will my art be any good, etc., etc. I have decided that I need to get a jump start, so...I'm pulling the "Julie/Julia" thing. As Julie worked through Julia Child's cookbook, I have decided to work through the exercises in Lyric Kinard's "Art + Quilt, Design Principles and Creativity Exercises" book. My goal is to get at least one of the projects done each week. I'll be taking off the weeks I'm not home unless I can do something by hand. I'll post my progress. Maybe some of you want to work along with me. If so, please post and let me know how you're doing. If you have trouble leaving a comment on my blog, email me at bschnellenberger@gmail.com. I'll be starting the first exercise (Visual Texture, Page 26) next week.

I'm heading to visit my Mom today. Hopefully, I'll get home in time to get started!

2 comments:

Lyric said...

I can't wait to watch your progress! I hope you find great joy on your creative journey!

Quilter Beth said...

Okay now, having the author of "Art + Quilt" actually look at what I'm doing is a little nerve wracking (but I'm thrilled). If I totally miss the point on something, let me know! Thanks for the comment.