Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Messy, messy, messy sewing room! New studio!

Okay, I'm sure some of you have sewing rooms that could be a bit more organized. Maybe some of you are feeling a little overwhelmed with the mess. I'm going to make you feel better!

As some of you know, I have had some work done on my house (remodeling). While that was going on, lots of "junk" was shoved into my sewing room. During the time that I couldn't physically get into my sewing room, and I came across sewing paraphernalia that needed to be put somewhere, I kind of stacked and threw the stuff into the room. Now, it is the biggest mess it has ever been. Take a look at these pictures--they will make you feel better. You'll be able to say, "Gosh, someone has a bigger mess in their sewing room than I do!" I do want you all to know I will be working to create some calm in the chaos as soon as I'm home long enough to do that.

Now...I'm sure there will be a collective gasp...and you'll say, "I can't believe she actually took pictures of that mess," but here goes. This is a view from the door. I know you can hardly see it, but my sewing machine is at the bottom left. I cannot work in a mess like this! That is one of the reasons I have started hand quilting on my whole cloth quilt again--I don't have to be in this room! You can kind of see a path if you'll look towards the bottom right by my purple Tutto.
This is a view of my cutting table (under the window). Of course, I couldn't cut anything on it because it is covered with "stuff!"Here's a better view of my sewing table. I might be able to sit down if I moved all the "stuff" off the chair. Then, I might be able to sew if I cleaned off the sewing table. The problem is...there is nowhere to move it!So, after seeing this mess, I'm excited to pass along that I'm getting an honest-to-goodness "quilting studio." My son-in-law is converting the entire finished part of the basement minus a bathroom and bedroom into a space for me. I'm in the process of researching layouts, colors, furniture, etc. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, PLEASE leave a comment. Let me know what you think I just can't do without. Any help you can give me is much appreciated.

The demolition and construction work is being done on some weekends and evenings, so it will take awhile to get finished. I will keep you up to date with posts and photos. Here is what it looks like now...(It has a long way to go to get to be called a "quilting studio!")

This is the largest part of the basement. I actually get a window!!!!!!The framed-in part you see is the bedroom (that also has to be redone). To the far left is the bathroom. All the rest is mine, mine, mine!

1 comment:

quiltlion said...

Congrats on the new studio! I am envious! I have to wait for another year until my oldest daughter leaves for college! Lyn G