Monday, March 16, 2009

Getting Ready to Machine Quilt

I'm getting ready to begin the machine quilting on yet another UFO (one that is in the UFO Challenge--See UFO Number 9 (which is my 4th of July-Red/White/Blue Quilt). You can see a picture of it in my January UFO Chosen, December, 2008, blog entry. I just couldn't decide what quilting designs to use but have finally settled on some I like. I had to alter them a bit to fit my space, but I think I'll like it. I layered and basted the wall hanging/table topper last week. I just got my machine set up and my quilting design "punched" into my deli-wrap paper using an unthreaded needle--see my Transferring Your Quilting Design to Your Quilt blog entry from January 28, 2009. Hopefully, I'll get some of it done this afternoon. I'll post a picture of the quilting design later this week.

I taught a beginning paper piecing class for members of my quilt guild this past Saturday. I used an original pattern that I had drawn up using EQ6 for the class. The students did exceptionally well. In a three-hour class, everyone got some blocks completed. One participant got all four blocks finished. It is so much fun to see students learning something new. I had forgotten how much I miss teaching.

No comments: