Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Heading To A Show and Retreat

I'm getting ready to go to the Indiana Heritage Quilt Show in Bloomington. I have had "quilt show withdrawal" lately. I'm SO ready! It is a nice little show with good vendors. We always enjoy eating lunch downtown at the Malibu Grill--great little place. If you are heading to the show, check it out. You might try the lime chicken fettucini; that is my favorite!

Our quilt guild retreat is this weekend too. We are heading to Spring Mill for three days of sewing. I am trying to get my projects planned and packed. I have found that to be a difficult task. There are SO many things to choose from! I am taking the cut-out pieces for approximately 50 sawtooth stars that finish to 4" and the cut-out pieces for 144 half-square triangles that finish 2" (for the 2009 Block of the Month Quilt from The Quilt Show--Stars for a New Day) that will need to be sewn into pinwheels.

I'm also taking my three table runners I have to finish for the UFO Challenge--I have to quilt and bind those.
I have a spring wall hanging to work on called A Tisket ...A Tasket... from a company called Lasting Piece. I bought this pattern at the Paducah AQS Show a couple of years ago. I would have bought more last year, but either they weren't there or I didn't find them among all the vendors.
I also plan on working on a wall hanging called Wave Runner (the designer did send me a corrected version of the pattern). I'm thinking I have enough to keep me busy! I'll post what I got finished when I get back. I'm hoping it is a lot!

1 comment:

quiltlion said...

I did not know how to get ahold of you, so I thought that I would send a post. When you are setteled in from your play I have a post for you on my blog. Lyn G