Friday, January 27, 2012

More Free-form Work

First, let me recommend that you go to "And Then We Set It On Fire" to see the free-form work of the artists on that site. You'll also want to check out the tutorials that Rayna Gillman (author of Create Your Own Free-form Quilts) has posted there. Follow along and make YOUR OWN free-form quilt! Let me know if you do; I'd love to link back to pictures of YOUR work.

I finally had a chance to cut into the remaining portion of this quilt top. I removed the outside blocks and cut into those first. (I posted those results earlier.) I left these nine blocks together, because I wanted to see how different the results would be if I worked on a larger unit. These are the nine blocks I left together.
I went from the above nine blocks to this...
I like it much better. If you'd like to see some of the steps that transformed the nine blocks from plain to "wild" click here.

No comments: