Sunday, January 29, 2012

Free-form Quilt...In the Works

I've had some time the last couple of days to work on getting a quilt top started using the piece I worked on for "And Then We Set It On Fire." Rayna Gillman is the guest blogger for this month on that site. I love her book, Create Your Own Free-form Quilts. The pieces for this month are being made using the techniques she outlines in her book. 

This is on my design wall right now.
The border looks a bit dark to me right now, so I'm planning on adding more color and maybe some of the stripe to it. I think I want to make it look like the stripe is trying to "escape" from the center of the quilt. I'm also going to see how it looks to add an inner border with the striped fabric around the entire center piece. Right now, I'm thinking I'll use the striped fabric for the binding of the quilt. Of course, everything is in the planning (and playing) stage right now. Who knows what I'll end up with. Be sure to check out what everyone else is doing at "And Then We Set It On Fire."

No comments: