Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New Additions to the Studio/How to Make a Design Wall

I have been working on (and in) the studio all week. I have added a few more of the storage "cubes" from Michael's and have made a desk. I also have been busy folding fabric and putting it away.

I covered my old design wall with new white flannel and added another one the same size. Now I think I can put a full-sized quilt on the wall. As you can see, I'm working on several things.

To make the design wall, I covered two sheets of Owens-Corning Fomular 150 (purchased at Home Depot) with batting and white flannel. I used a staple gun to attach each layer to the boards. These boards are easy to move around the room (should I need to), because they are very light weight. Quilt pieces easily stick to the flannel, but pins can also be used to attach items to the walls if necessary. I used a left-over piece of my design wall as a bulletin board for my desk.

I'm getting ready to head to the Bloomington quilt show. I'm hoping to get some pictures to post.

Check back on Sunday for the new Beth/Lyric Project post.

No comments: