Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More from the Indiana Heritage Quilt Show/Bloomington, IN

The Indiana Heritage Quilt Show was held the first weekend in March of 2010. Here are some more of my favorites…


The star of the show for me was this quilt by Mary S. Buvia from Greenwood, IN. She calls it “Fantasy in Lace.” The part of the quilt that looks like lace is actually appliquĂ©d. It is a beautiful quilt.
This is the back of the quilt
Two quilts in the small-scale category that I liked were Judi Frieling’s “Inspiration” (which contains 344 pieces in the star and was about 12" square)
and Mary Kay Mouton’s “Flip-Flop Paper Piecing.”
In the Mixed/Special Techniques-Bed Quilt category, Rosemary Rudolf from Oldenburg, IN, entered Summertime Bliss.
Barbara E. Lies from Madison, IN, entered this quilt in the same category. It is called “Saffron Spring—OCD meets SAD.” I think this quilt won first place in the Mixed/Special Techniques-Bed Quilt category.
“Charisma” by Mildred Sorrells from Macomb, IL, also won an award in the Mixed/Special Techniques-Bed Quilt category. I would like to have had a picture of the entire quilt, but I wanted you to see the quilting on this quilt. This picture showed it best. It was unbelievable. The tiny circles (in the white area of the quilt)added so much visual interest to the design. Click on the picture to see a close up. I loved it.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

What fabulous quilts. I wish I could have seen the show with you!

Karen Tyler said...

Thank you so much for these photos Beth! I am a quilt artist that is new to Indiana! I was very excited to find your blog spot! I hope to meet you in the future! Blessings and Happy Quilting! Karen Tyler, Indianapolis