Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yo-Yo Maker Review and Spring Table Topper

Yesterday (Feb. 1) was a "Dirty Monday" meeting. I got a lot done...four wall hanging/table runner-sized quilts pin basted, and two sets of binding strips cut and ironed (ready to sew on). I was happy. Now...on to the quilting...

For those of you that know me, you will know how "out of character" this spring table topper is for me. For some reason, I had this topper in my mind for my step-mom. She has been wanting a new table topper, and I thought this would "fit the bill." I drew it out one day and made it the next. I guess I also thought that since I have every size Clover "Quick" Yo-Yo Maker that I should actually use some of them. I only have the round ones...no butterflies or heart shapes for me, but I must say...I LOVE this product. If you like to make yo-yos or have been thinking about buying this product, go ahead and jump in. It is easy to use and makes lovely yo-yos. They are even fairly quick to make. (I think it is addictive, though, because I made way more than I need to use for this project. I just got carried away.) You too may be surprised to find yourself making a quilting project using yo-yos! This is what the quilt looks like up on my design wall. The yo-yos and leaves are pinned on right now. I thought I'd quilt it before I applique the yo-yos on.
This is what the product looks like. You should be able to find it at your local quilt shop, on line, or at quilt shows. They run from about $5.25 to $8.75 depending on the size you purchase.

No comments: