Saturday, January 3, 2009

New UFO Pics

This is a picture of my completed Lori Smith Bright Star Quilt (wall hanging). It is machine pieced and machine quilted. The second picture is a closeup of the quilt. I outline quilted the star in each pieced block. You can see that I chose a curved quilting design for the setting squares. I like to use a curved quilting design when the pieced blocks are very geometric. I think it provides a nice contrast. The wall hanging measures 16" X 20".









Closeup of Bright Star Quilt.
























This is my completed Curtis Boehringer December Snowman Quilt (wall hanging). It is machine pieced. I used fusible web (Heat and Bond Lite) for the applique work. It is machine quilted. I outline quilted the snowman then did a "loop-d-loop" design around him and quilted "snow swirls" in his body. I outline quilted the Christmas trees and ornaments. You can see the quilting on the snowman a little better in the closeup picture.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: