This year I decided that I would make at least 12 textile art projects. (I seem to do better if I set some type of goal/deadline for myself.) I had intended to work on some "art" projects but just couldn't get myself started. I thumbed through my "Cloth, Paper, Scissors" and "Quilting Arts" magazines for inspiration. There were many things there that I wanted to try. I started off with a list of projects for which I had all the supplies on hand. (Not having the supplies was yet another "excuse" for me to put off working on art projects.) I found a project on "fused plastic" that I thought I could do. I used information gleaned from the article "Paper & Plastic" by Alisa Burke in the January/February issue of "Cloth, Paper, Scissors" magazine. Check out the picture of the beginning of the project. First I made the base material. On top of that, I wrote words and phrases with a black Sharpie marker, stamped over that with gold and copper ink, and painted over that with some acrylic paints. Next, I'll be adding some paper pieces and possibly some fabric and doing some decorative stitching. I'll continue to post pics as I add to the base material. I like it so far. I think I'll make a clutch out of it (as suggested in the article).