Friday, August 9, 2019

Retreat Finale

At this latest retreat, I really tried to stay focused and work on my “butterfly” quilt. I managed to get a little more done. (It takes a LONG time.) I have found that it isn’t as much fun to work on the dark, neutral colors as it is to work on the parts that contains those beautiful Caribbean colors. 

Here are pictures of what others were working on.
 Lora worked on a jelly roll rug.
 Janet worked on blocks for a new quilt. She got lots done.
 Jane worked on several projects. She made lots of blocks for this scrap quilt. 
Debbie finished this quilt top (from Bluprint).

The retreat must have worn me out—I slept almost eleven hours last night! Evidently, retreats are REALLY hard work. (Insert a BIG smile here.)

4 comments:

Robbie said...

Still loving your butterfly quilt!!!! Eleven hours...good for you! I don't remember the last time I slept 4 hours without waking up...wonder if the two dogs have something to do with that! HA

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You worked your poor brain until it was drained and it took you down for the count. Good that you got some rest. Your project is creeping along. Better than a stand still. I like that blue quilt. I am going through my blue phase now. ;)

dana said...

Love the rug! I'm supposed to be looking for a pattern for one for my sister-in-law. She burned herself out with making quilts but has lots of fabric. She hadn't heard of the rugs but was really interested in the idea. Thanks for all the pictures.

Mary Z said...

Not to be rude but did Debbie know she had a triangle block in the star turned wrong? You know those just stand out to me for some reason. And if she doesn't change it, no big deal. Glad you had a great time at the retreat and got some quilt time in. Sleep is always good. Take care. Mary Alice