Sunday, August 5, 2018

I'm Busy. How About You?

I have had a busy week. My grandson's usual babysitter is ill, so my husband and I have had to step up. We are babysitting every day; and once he starts school on Thursday, we'll be picking him up each day from school. I am REALLY enjoying him, but it DOES put a damper on getting any "serious" art work done.
On Thursday, we took him to get a school haircut and out for his favorite--a root beer float.
I spoke to the Raintree Quilters Guild in Evansville, IN, this week too. Getting ready for the lecture and trunk show took an entire day. (I take A LOT of quilts with me, so organizing and packing those up takes a lot of time.) I also taught an "Extreme Embroidery" class for some of the guild members the next day, so I had prep for that to do too. The guild was very welcoming, and I had a lot of fun.

Luckily, I thought to take some pictures along the way. Here are some pictures from the class.
I made a couple of blocks for a Block of the Month program at my guild in Tennessee. All the blocks turned in will be put together into community service quilts.
I worked on machine appliquéing my hurricane quilt to the hand-dyed background fabric. (I finished that, so it is on to basting the quilt sandwich together.)
I ALWAYS have a hand project of some kind to work on. Since I just finished my "forever" hexie project, I hand basted some hexies for a new project I have drawn up.
I also worked on piecing the center of my Kingfisher Hexie quilt. I'm not finished yet but will post pictures when I am. Piecing 60-degree diamonds into diagonal rows isn't easy. I have found a way that makes it easier for me to line them up for sewing. I'll be sharing that in my next post. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Pam Burns said...

I love the hand embroidery pieces. I wish you lived closer to Indy!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This wears me out just reading all you have done this week. Whew.
Your grandson is a doll.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Funny how life encroaches on our timeline.... but that is the benefit some days!!! Enjoy the time with your GS... and fitting creativiy in when you can.

Vickie Wheatley said...

What a cutie. He will always remember this time with you!

dana said...

Amazing how big Cade has gotten! What a cutie! I'm staying real busy this summer, unfortunately, not sewing. Washing the outside of the house, gutters, scrubbing the deck down so we can restain and seal! I hate winter but too busy now to get in the sewing room so guess I'll get in there when the snow flies. I always love seeing your pictures.

Robbie said...

Yep, those grand babies can put a damper on doing any art work. I used to drag lots of stuff with me when they were babies but I still never got much done. But we do 'create' lots of memories don't we!