Tuesday, August 28, 2018

I Haven't Dropped Off the Face of the Earth

We have been doing a lot of traveling (with a lot more coming up), and we have been filling in as a "babysitter" to our grandson. That has kept me REALLY busy. I thought I'd update you on what I've been working on lately, though.

I finished my Kingfisher quilt top. All the hexagons and the triangles in the border are hand appliquéd. I added two rows to make the quilt a better size for me.
I wasn't sure I wanted to add the triangles in the border and wrote about that in my last post. This is the picture of the top without the triangles. I liked how it looked without them.
As you can see from the top photo, though, I chose to go ahead with the triangles. I think they add that little extra spark that makes the quilt pop. What do you think?

While traveling, I have been working on thread basting some half-inch hexies for a new project. This is the pile I finished on the way home yesterday.
I got to spend some time with my son's family in Arkansas. We went to a museum in Fort Smith where I took this picture of June Beth. She LOVES to pose.
Asa spent a lot of time working on his car while we were there.
There isn't much better than getting to spend precious time with the grandchildren.

8 comments:

Robin said...

Love the quilt! And yes better with the triangles!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I definitely like the triangles. It makes the quilt look like it is about to take off. They give it movement sort of like a kaleidoscope.
Grands are the best.

Robbie said...

Triangles do add that finishing touch to your quilt! VERY, VERY nice!!!! Love those babies! Well, they both are 'babies' but they'll always be our babies won't they! HA

Unknown said...

I like the triangles, too. The kids are really growing fast! Deb E

Linda Steele said...

I have been doing lots of babysitting and not much sewing, but I know my sewing will still be there waiting until I have time again.
Linda

dana said...

Love your quilt! The triangles really set it off. Can't believe how big the youngest grandkids are getting! Asa sure does look "all" boy!

susan said...

Those are the cutest grandchildren. What a wonderful trip it must have been. I do like the quilt with or without. It's fun to see it here instead of a tiny pic on my phone!

Ronda K. said...

Awesome Kingfisher!!!! Cute as buttons grans!