Monday, November 20, 2017

Story in Stitches

While I was in Auburn, NY, for the opening of Quilts=Art=Quilts, I got to see another exhibit at the Schweinfurth Art Center. Drawn and Stitched Spaces (Amanda McCavour) was exhibited in their upstairs gallery.
I’m not sure you can tell from the picture, but the hands you see are stitched (as is the entire exhibit). The work is amazingly detailed.
This was my favorite part of the exhibit. This “flower garden” was suspended from the ceiling by almost invisible threads. The completely stitched “flower garden” floated and swayed as viewers passed by.
These two different “rooms” were totally made of stitches and suspended. The viewer could walk around the exhibits and see both the front and the back of the different works. I have NO idea how she did it, but I really enjoyed seeing it.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Wow!!! How is that possible. That is so cool. Thanks for sharing Beth!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

There seems to be a lot of "hanging" exhibits now days. I really like the flowers seemingly floating about.

Robbie said...

WOW!

Astrid said...

Wow das ist ja beeindruckend!! Gibt mir Motivation und Inspiration mal wieder was Neues zu lernen wenn ich vom Wellness im Bregenzerwald erholt bin. LG