Friday, November 10, 2017

Retreat Time AGAIN!

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend a retreat hosted by Lora Nale at the lodge in Santa Claus, Indiana. We had a great room and
a great vendor—The Village Mercantile of Boonville, Indiana.
We also had a great Show & Tell. I didn’t get pictures of everything, but I got these. Some people worked on TINY projects. This ENTIRE pineapple block is 2” square. The bottom picture is of the back of the foundation sheet. I added the bobbin so you could get a feel for the size. 
I worked on my current project. I got a lot done.
There were lots of quilts, wall hangings, and home decor items. There were improv quilts, kaleidoscope quilts, and I Spy quilts.
There were 9-Patch quilts, miniatures, and tiny hexies.
There were charity quilts, bed quilts, and baby quilts.
There were Christmas presents and 30s prints quilts made.
There were sampler quilts made.
There were bright quilts and earth-tone quilts.
 There were gifts and decorations made.
There were quilts with LOTS of little pieces and appliqué blocks.
There were quilts made of batik fabrics, mystery quilts, and gifts for grandchildren.
“Window” quilts, pineapple quilts, and table runners were made.
The top quilt is a Dutchman’s Puzzle, but the maker said she kept getting the name mixed up and kept calling it a Drunkard’s Path. She has decided the name will now be the “Drunken Dutchman!”
What happens at retreat stays at retreat!!!
...and a good time was had by all.

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Oh my gosh, what a productive group of quilters. It is quite exciting seeing the diversity of the projects. I always wonder who can stand to make those tiny things???

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilts! The tiny block was amazing!

Robbie said...

Well, grass doesn't grow under your feet (or fingers!) does it! Nice show and tell! So lucky you are to get to these retreats! Like having a refresh in your life isn't it! Always good to get new inspiration and creative ideas from others too (even ifyou don't realize it! HA).

Anonymous said...

I like the variety of projects, and you had a really big group! No, I'll pass on 2" pineapples, thanks all the same. LOL Or the tiny hexagons, either. I did a few of those for ornaments one year. Enough for eternity, in my book. LOL

dana said...

Looks like so much work and fun! That tiny little block....so much work for such a little thing. Looked seeing all the projects. Thanks for posting them.