Friday, October 4, 2013

Traveling Hexagons

In my last post, I wrote about working on a BIG English Paper Piecing project. I'm not very good in the organization arena, so organizing my many hexagons proved to be a big problem for me. This is my solution.

I purchased a ring from my local office supply store (shout out to Hoffman Office Supply), punched holes in the top of sandwich bags, and threaded the bags onto the ring. I organized the hexagons by color. After each hexagon is prepared, it is dropped into the appropriate bag. This really makes it easy for me to pick out the colors I need for each row in my quilt. They don't get lost, they stay together, and I don't have to search through a whole bunch of hexagons to find the color I need.

I hope you give this a try if you've had trouble keeping track of YOUR hexagons! Let me know if it works for you.

 

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I have these bags from Hobby Lobby that my embroidery threads are in...never thought of using them for my hexes! Thanks for the post and idea!!