Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Won! I Won! Check out "Color Mastery: 10 Principles for Creating Stunning Quilts"

I went to my mailbox this morning, and look what was waiting for me--the Turkish Delight fat quarter bundle of fabric I won from Maria Peagler (the ColorMaster herself) author of "Color Mastery: 10 Principles for Creating Stunning Quilts." Here it is...I thought I'd separate it and take another pic, so you could see the fabrics a little better. I really like them. Thank you Maria!
By the way, you should check out her Color Mastery book. It is really a good book on the use of various color schemes in quilts. She has lots and lots of useful tips to help you choose colors and develop your own sense of color style. There are exercises to do and patterns for several small quilts to illustrate color concepts. She also has a website--www.colormastery.com. You might check out her blog too; it is a good one--http://quiltsandcreativity.com. Let me know what you think.

No comments: