Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Finished Happenstance and a Bonus

I just finished my Happenstance quilt (by Quilts by Caren). I just LOVE it! I can't wait to start the quilting. I have to say...it is very striking and looks even better in person. It will look great with the new color scheme of my remodeled house.
One of the great things about this pattern (besides the fact that the instructions are so well written) is that a "bonus" pattern is available from Caren. It uses the leftovers from the Happenstance quilt. I just downloaded the bonus pattern today; it is SO striking. I can't wait to make that one too. I'll download a picture of it when I get it done. Be sure to check out Quilts by Caren patterns if you get a chance.

I took a couple of pictures of the other things I'm working on. The quilt on the left is in progress. I started piecing it together just so I could get an idea of what it would look like. It is Country Lanes by Kaye England. The quilt on the right (I can't remember what the name is or where I got the pattern.) is my last UFO that is due for my UFO Challenge. I'm hand quilting it (which is one of the reasons it is taking so long). I marked it pretty close, so there is a lot of hand quilting to be done. I took a closeup of it, too, so you can see some of the quilting. Oh, I do have one of the Happenstance quilt blocks there on the couch too.






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad for the update on your projects. Where is the Happenstance quilt going to go when you have it quilted?? On the big wall heading downstairs? Your hand quilting is so pretty. I will never get to that point! Dana

Anonymous said...

That looks great! It will be the perfect accent in your house.

Anonymous said...

Love that quilt! You did a great job, it will look beautiful in house. Happy Birthday again and miss you. Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beth. Love the Happenstance quilt. maz

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth - I am amazed at your quilts. They are absolutely beautiful !!! I hope you are enjoying your vacation in Florida. I love the picture of your "Grandma Wink" - you remind me of her. Best wishes, Dee Ann

Anonymous said...

Can you give a link for the Happenstance pattern, it is beautiful.

Quilter Beth said...

Caren doesn't have a website that I know of. You can contact her and ask about her patterns at quiltsbycaren@gmail.com. Be sure to tell her you saw the quilt on my blog!