Monday, April 3, 2023

Finishing Up Some Things and a Visit

I have been finishing up some UFOs while practicing quilting on my new Bernina Q20 sit down long arm machine. I need to get A LOT of practice in before I attempt to quilt my two Phoenix art quilts. I DO feel like I’m getting better, and I’m feeling more comfortable on the machine.

This is my latest finished work. I had made the table runner awhile ago, but got it layered, basted, and quilted before I left to visit my sister and my son’s family last week. (I finished the binding while I was gone.)
 
You can see the quilting a little better in the photo below. I’m thinking this is the type of quilting I may be doing on my Phoenix quilts.
 

Speaking of my son’s family…
June Beth had a good dance competition. It has really helped her to gain confidence and be more outgoing. She’s become quite a good little dancer.
Asa is enjoying dance too. He’s excited to get to be “Jack” in their “Hit the Road Jack” dance. (He’s the only boy. I don’t think this is his “Jack” costume.)
Sebastian, my oldest grandson, turned 20 while I was there. It’s hard to believe he is SO grown up. He’s a REALLY good young man. I’m very proud of them all.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilting looks great. Glad you had a great visit.

Paula Peter said...

I think the quilting looks awesome. So glad you had a great visit. Hard to believe Sebastian is 20.

Anonymous said...

I love the quilting pattern! Your babies have grown up. 😊