Wednesday, April 26, 2023

A Retreat and an Embroidery Jackpot!

 The week of April 17 I got to spent time in Tennessee with some of my quilting friends. Twice a year we meet and have a retreat at a friend's house in Crossville. What a wonderful time we had! I finished binding a bargello quilt, a toddler's quilt, a bed scarf or bed runner, and three table runners. I also did some hand quilting on an art piece I have started.

(I'll show you all these pieces when I get my grandson to hold them up for me to photograph.)

The picture below shows you the "haul" I took home. I have the MOST generous friends. They knew that I had really enjoyed working on my latest embroidery piece and wanted to do more. They gave me LOTS of goodies. Check these out. I went home with...
a box of silk threads,
a box of wool threads,
a box of row numbers,
a box of metallic threads,
a box of miscellaneous threads,
a bag of embroidery floss, and a box of various variegated threads.
I have to tell you; it was like Christmas! I have already set some threads aside, along with a piece of fabric I have "marbled," to work on when I'm traveling or need an easy take-along project. (I'll show you that later.) What a lucky girl I am! Thank you Pam and Berniece!

I don't know about you all, but I love pickled okra. I can't get it where I live in Indiana, so I picked up a jar or two while I was in Tennessee. I also grabbed a jar of sweet garlic and some bacon jam. I think I have enough to last me a little while!

As you can see, the "girls" were REALLY happy to see me when I got home. (They are both on my lap in this picture. Libby (my 19 year old) likes to be way up on me by my neck. Macy (my youngster) takes up my entire lap.)

Don't you just love spending time with your quilting friends AND your furry friends. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a haul! You have some wonderful friends. 😊
Looking forward to seeing you next month. Debbie E.

Anonymous said...

Yes I do… and so glad you are one of them 🥰, can’t wait til next time!!

Anonymous said...

You are one blessed lady! Enjoy your friends!

Anonymous said...

I do love my quilt friends. They’ve kept me sane. Next week I meet up with six friends I met in 1998 in Dresden, Germany. We’ll have coffee and reconnect. Love all the colors your friends gifted you with, and can’t wait to see what you’re working on!

Anonymous said...

PS don’t know how to make my name visible—but these comments are from your Hoosier friend, Gabrielle.

Anonymous said...

Posted from Pune India—thus the strange time stamp.

Paula said...

That is quite a haul.. I bet you are itching to use some of it immediately. 🥰

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time with your quilting buddies!