Friday, July 3, 2020

Catching Up

Last week, I was reading my SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates) Journal and was pleasantly surprised to see my quilt, Scorched Earth, in the magazine.


As I looked at it, I realized the quilt is printed upside down. Oh well, I was excited to see it in the magazine, and I like how it looks both the way I oriented it and the way it was printed in the magazine.

I also finished a quilt top that has been in the works for awhile. This quilt is called "Go With the Flow."


I'm a BIG scrap quilt fan and love the way the blocks in this quilt are made. They are each made of columns of scraps cut at different widths. It was a fun and easy quilt to make. I used Grunge fabric for the background. I just LOVE Grunge. 

In my last post I mentioned that I was in the process of sewing some blocks for a postage stamp quilt. I couldn't find the picture I had taken of the blocks I had already put together. Well, I found it.


My Zoom meeting with a group of quilting friends is this afternoon. I alway look forward to that. It gives us all a chance to get caught up and is the next best thing to physically getting together for now. I'm thankful we can do that.

I guess celebrations for the 4th of July will be really different this year. I know WE will not be having any big get-together. There will be four of us (my daughter and her family) here for a cookout. I'm really glad we can be together. (I have decided the risk to be with my family is worth it to me). I have some cooking and cleaning to do before that can happen. Cleaning is something I haven't done much of since this pandemic hit. It is probably a good thing I'm having a little company since it "forces" me to clean (at least a little bit). Anyway, have a great holiday weekend. Let me know what you all will be doing.

2 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Always nice to see people, especially family! We are isolating... with a little social activity... in the mix, but distancing for certain. The sun and the great outdoors do a lot to keep things in check!!! We live near a big recreational lake and the number of people I saw out over the weekend without consideration for others (masks) was horrendous!!! We haven't participated in 'holiday' stuff with the masses for several decades. The ill manners alcohol brings out, make us choose to stay home!!!

Robbie said...

Hope you had a great time with family. My grand daughter turns 21 Aug. 2 and by golly I'm going to be with her and the family regardless! I need that contact! Glad to see your wonderful work again. The postage stamp quilt is amazing!!!