Tuesday, July 10, 2018

TWO RETREATS AND A VISIT

I haven't posted for a bit, but I have a REALLY GOOD excuse. I just got back from my second retreat this month, and I have pictures. The first retreat was held at the Gasthof in Montgomery, IN, by the Patoka Valley Quilt Guild (my local guild). Often, I get SO involved in what I’m doing that I forget to take pictures. That is what happened at this retreat. I wish I’d gotten more pics, but these are what I got.

I worked on the binding on my grandson’s quilt, and I finished my June Curtis Boehringer snowman wall hanging. You can see them here. I also finished a few of my hexie flowers for the Kingfisher Stitch-Along.
We had a great space in which to sew.
Here are the other pics I took at that retreat. 
Doesn’t the quilt on the top look like it actually ripples/waves. I think it is called Rolling Waves. The quilt on the bottom is huge and made of Civil War fabrics.

I even had a whole table to myself. (And I know you all will be shocked that I took over the unused table closest to me. LOL!)
My second retreat was with friends in Tennessee. This is the first time I’ve been to this retreat. As you can see in this next picture, the retreat is held at a nice wooded location. We ate our meals out on this porch (after moving the quilts, of course.)

I worked on my butterfly migration art quilt and
some more hexie flowers.
Here are some of the things everyone else got done at this retreat.


We even celebrated a special birthday while we were there.
I always enjoy going to a retreat. I LOVE the time I get to spend with friends, and I LOVE the uninterrupted time to work.

I also LOVE to visit family. I got the chance to attend my grandson's (Asa's) first birthday party in Arkansas. That boy LOVED his cake!
I also got to spend some time with the girls of the family. Here they are celebrating the 4th of July.
June Beth and I had a bit of fun with this selfie.
I guess you can see that she is quite a character!

Soooooo, that is what I've been up to. How about you?


7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I can see that you are having lots of fun this summer. The retreat quilts are so nice. I like the waves. Love seeing your family. Try to keep cool.

Beth-near Louisville KY! said...

I was just wondering what you were up to, since you have been quiet. Lots of progress and great family time!!! Things here are just bumping along.

Unknown said...

The location in TN looks beautiful! You've been busy! Deb E

Robbie said...

Love your family time pics and stories! You know I live vicariously through your retreats!! I don't get to leave home...even in Florida I can only spend a day with my sister who lives 90 minutes away. Hubby can't handle girls..well, he could he doesn't want to. HA HA

dana said...

Love, love, love all the quilts but expecially the Rolling Waves! The locale for the TN retreat looks so peaceful and beautiful. I'm working on two table toppers but love to do yard work so the sewing is coming along slowly! Asa sure did a number on that cake! Sure it was fun to watch.

allie aller said...

Hi Beth!
Allie here, from my blog, AlliesinStitches .
You have won the drawing for Lynn K's new book! I need your snail mail address. Can you please email it to me at aaller@gmail.com?
Thanks so much!

susan said...

I'm finally catching up! It looks like more wonderful retreat experiences for you. Your hexagons are amazing, and that one quilt really DOES look like it's waving on the floor. And congratulations on the win from Allie!