Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Love Quilts

Making a quilt is a labor of love. With every stitch of this quilt, I thought about how blessed I am to have this child in my life. I am SO thankful for him. I have spent the last week quilting this quilt for my grandson (Asa Gene) who turns one on July 2. (Gene was my Dad’s middle name—the name he went by. My son, Ryan, named his son after my Dad.) I think this is a great quilt for a little boy. I’m hoping he will love it.


I also finished my June Curtis Boehringer snowman wall hanging.
I have finished all of them, now, except for July, August, and September. I have NO time to work on them in the near future, so I guess I’ll have to find something else to hang in their designated space on my wall. Maybe I’ll get them done for next year…and maybe not! LOL!

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The quilt for your Grandson is special. I know he will love it. All of those creatures on it will keep him company for many years. He will feel the love.
The wall hanging is cute. It seems funny to see a snowman gardening. It might make a gardener feel a little cooler looking at it after working in the heat of the the summer.

dana said...

Asa will just love that quilt! It is so colorful and fun to look at.

Robbie said...

Adorable quilt for grand baby!!!! Love the snowman..your quilting really enhances his body!!! Nicely done!

susan said...

What adorable monsters you made for Asa. He'll grow up loving that. Another wonderful snowman memory. I'm impressed you've made so many. I think Fran had half of them finished. =)