Thursday, July 28, 2016

Let Me Share

I have been visiting my sister in Memphis and my son and his family in Arkansas. I haven't had a chance to blog or do much fiber work while I've been gone. (I did get to work a LITTLE bit on my newest piece while I was at my sister's, but I don't have pictures yet.)

I do have something else I'd like to share with you. My friend Daren Redman was recently interviewed about her fiber art. Check out her interview here. I had a chance to see her beautiful fabric in person; it is fabulous. She was kind enough to allow me to use a lot of her hand dyes for my current piece. I am SO pleased with how it is looking. Daren's interview is very well done and doesn't take too long to watch. I think you will really enjoy it.

My daughter took some good pictures while we were at June Beth's for her 3rd birthday party. Here is a little collage of pictures from JB's birthday. My son, Ryan, rents a big water slide for the kids. That was REALLY a good thing this year since the temperature was 100 degrees that day! Emily (my daughter) and Cade (my 9 year old grandson) went down with us for the big birthday party. June Beth (my 3 year old granddaughter) and Cade are big buddies. I'm glad they had a chance to play together.

(That's Bianca (my 11 year old granddaughter) in the lower left corner.)

There is never enough time with family. I remember (back in the day) my great-grandmother crying when we arrived at her house (she lived in another state) and crying when we left her house. I never understood that when I was little. Now I do.

I have Stitch & Bitch tonight. Hopefully, I'll have some pictures of their UFO Challenge to share with you.

3 comments:

Robbie said...

My grands are only 21 miles from me and at times I could just cry when leaving them! And they are going to be 17 and 13! Family is so important!!! And these times are precious!!! So glad you are making memories!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had the chance to be with your daughter and go to the birthday party. You are right. Time with family is so precious, and we never know when it will come again. I look forward to seeing your piece with the hand-dyed fabrics in it. Thanks for the interview link.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is wonderful to be able to be with children and grandchildren. When they live away from us it is especially good to see them. A water slide is perfect for these hot summer days. I will pop over and see your friend's interview. It is during these hot days I wish I was a quilter so I would have more to do inside. Cheers.