Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Gallery Talk at Fiber Art Exhibit at St. Meinrad

I previously did a post about an fiber art exhibit at St. Meinrad, Indiana. It is a solo show by my friend Joanne Weis. If you didn't read that post (or don't remember whether you read it or not), click here. She is a great artist with a passion for environmental issues.

Well, she is going to give a gallery talk about her exhibit. This would be a GREAT opportunity to hear the artist herself speak about her work. I KNOW you would enjoy it as JoAnne is quite a passionate speaker. Here is the information as sent to me by her.

"A number of people have expressed an interest in meeting with me at my current art exhibition at St. Meinrad Arch Abbey. We have scheduled a "Gallery Talk" for Saturday, February 6, 10:00 a.m. CST, 11:00 a.m. EST. For GPS, your destination is 200 Hill Dr. St. Meinrad, IN 47577. The Gallery is in the Library. On the St.. Meinrad website, check the library location.

The show, entitled "Healing the Earth", consists of nine pieces that portray significant efforts to restore environmental damage. Both the art and the stories accompanying each piece have been amazing and I would love to share about the art itself and the hope that some of these stories have given me.

If the weather is questionable on February 6, check my Facebook page for notice of cancellation or rescheduling.

Joanne Weis"

Here is a picture of her work to refresh your memory or to inspire you to go to hear her speak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish I could go and see and listen! You'll have to go for me. =)