Wednesday, November 12, 2014

How Many Hexagons Does It Take?

I'm STILL working on my "extreme" hexagon project. It is one of those "what-was-I-thinking" kind of projects. This is what I've been working on for the last few days. I have been doing A LOT of traveling; this goes EVERYWHERE with me. (I'm at the beauty shop right, and it is with me now.) For the number of hours I've worked on this, it doesn't look like much.

What are you all doing? Now that some cold weather is here, will you be doing more cutting, piecing, and quilting?

Over the weekend, a friend showed me how to make a great portable design wall. It is the coolest thing. I bought all the supplies, and I'll be working on making it this afternoon. I'll take pictures along the way; you'll want to make one! I'll blog about it as soon as I get a chance, so check back.

 

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

As you know I am not much of a seamstress. I do like to slosh around with watercolors a bit.

I will be curious to see your idea board.

Quilt or Dye said...

My daughter is making a hexagon quilt but she is using English paper piecing to make it. She loves the technique. It is still all handwork and it goes everywhere with her too.

dana said...

You haven't made anything yet that I haven't liked and enjoyed seeing. I'm sure this will amaze me also but I admit right now I don't see what you are doing with this yet.

Anonymous said...

Oh, hexagons is it? Check out Hexagon Alley Some great stuff going on there. I'm going to see what you are doing with all these wonderful fall colors!