Saturday, September 11, 2010

Great Websites for Free Patterns (Edition 1)

If you are looking for free patterns, here are some websites you should check out. Of course, looking at the quilts on these sites may be used simply for inspiration and/or a jumping-off point for you to "do your own thing."

The first website I'd like to share is the P & B Textiles site. (http://www.pbtex.com/html/free_patterns.html)   It has several free quilt patterns along with patterns for an apron, backpack, tree skirt, and pin cushion among other things. I think you'll enjoy it. One of my favorite patterns on this site is called Liberty Blooms by Pat Sloan. It is a sweet little applique quilt measuring 43" square. It would make a nice table topper for the Fourth of July or any time!
Another site I like is Quilt Patterns from Seattle. Cindy Carter has lots of free patterns to share. You can choose from baby quilts, scrap quilts, quilt blocks, and other quilt patterns. Check those out at http://carterquilter.wordpress.com/about/. You can use the menu at the top of the screen to choose your patterns or pick from those listed at the right-hand side of the page. I think this is a sweet baby quilt from her site.

1 comment:

k.somerville said...

Thanks Beth! I'm in love with your off kilter log cabin charity quilt. I've always loved log cabin. I love that you quilt and quilt and quilt.