Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tip Chosen by American Patchwork & Quilting/Quilt Pattern Picked

I was "tickled" to find out that my Reader Tip has been chosen to appear in a future issue of American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine! I got an email from Mary Irish, Editorial Assistant at American Patchwork & Quilting, to let me know. I even had to sign a contract! My tip has to do with a really easy way to get fusible web off your iron and ironing board. Watch for it.

I have decided on a quilt pattern to use to make a quilt for my Mom. She was transferred to the nursing home last week and has been very agitated. I'm hoping this quilt will help to make her feel more comfortable. I think quilts can convey warmth and love; I'm hoping that is what this quilt will do. I shopped for the fabric on my way home from Indianapolis. I found a pattern called "In and Out" by Blue Underground Studios, Inc. (
www.blueundergroundstudios.com) that I really liked. Here are some of the blocks I have made. Actually, I finished all the blocks yesterday and will start putting them together today. I used the fabric I purchased plus some from my stash.I sure hope she likes it. I'll get a picture of the quilt top posted when it is finished. Working on this quilt has helped to take my mind off my Mom's Alzheimer's and help me focus on the truly amazing woman she once was.

No comments: