Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Back Home--Getting Ready for My Next Retreat

I'm back home after a weekend away. I got to spend some time in Indianapolis with my husband. We went to a play at the Indiana Repertory Theater ("The Giver"), went out to eat with friends, went to the Colts game on Sunday, and I did some shopping on Monday. I still haven't unpacked! Now, I must gather some things and get ready for a weekend guild quilt retreat. I haven't decided what to work on yet. I'd best get with it; I have quilt guild tonight, I'm helping with a suicide prevention class on Wednesday, and I'm going to a gallery presentation on Thursday.

I have had a question about my Happenstance quilt. If you'd like to refresh your memory as to which quilt that is, just type "Happenstance" into the Search box at the top left of the screen. I was asked if I could give a link for the Happenstance pattern. I don't think Caren has a website, but you can contact her at
quiltsbycaren@gmail.com. You could ask her about her patterns at that address.

I am hoping to have pictures to post from the "Earthworks" fiber arts gallery exhibit I'll be attending on Thursday. Two members of LAFTA (Louisville Area Fiber and Textile Artists) and one other artist have pieces on display there. "Earthworks" will be exhibited at the Carnegie Center for Arts & History at 201 East Spring Street in New Albany, Indiana, from October 30-December 30, 2009. There is a program on November 5 from 7-8 p.m. presented by Karen Gillenwater (co-presented by LAFTA) on "Textiles in Contemporary Art." On November 7 from 10:30-11:30 a.m. there will be a gallery talk with the artists. I'd love to attend that, but I will be at my guild quilt retreat. If you'd like any further information on this exhibit, check out
www.carnegiecenter.org or call (812) 944-7336.

No comments: