Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More of the Chicago Quilt Show

I've added a subscription device to my blog. That will make it easier for you to keep track of when I post a new blog. If you sign up, you will get an email that alerts you to a new post; that way you don't have to keep checking back to see if something has been added. The add-on is located at the bottom left way under my picture. Check it out.

My house is still in the process of rennovation....meaning it is still in a mess. I have to move furniture to get to anything I need. Hardwood floors have been put down in the living room, dining room, and kitchen. They still have to put hardwood in three closets and a stairwell and all the rooms in the house have yet to be painted; so I have spent my day removing breakables, cleaning out closets, and taking things off the wall. I can't even get to my computer until after the workers are gone for the day. It is pretty hectic and VERY dusty!

I am heading to the AQS Quilt Show in Paducah later this week. I always look forward to that. There is still packing to be done, though! I did want to get some more of the Chicago Quilt Show pictures up before I leave. Enjoy! I'll share more when I get back.


Self-Portrait '08 is an original design by Kathy York, Austin, TX. It won a second place award. I really liked the colors. The hair was done with beads and braids--lots of texture. The iPod was a nice touch.
On the traditional side, this is "Birthdays and Borders" by Terri DeLano from Montgomery, IL. As you can see, it is a scrappy 9-patch set on point. The design was adapted from an antique quilt. The 9-patch blocks finish 1 1/2"!

This is a close up of "Birthdays and Borders." I can truly say that the pictures don't do this quilt justice.




No comments: