Anyway, today I was "stuck" in my sewing room all day! There wasn't any place else I could go. (Now you know I hated that!) I did get quilt a lot of sewing done. I finished six (of the twenty 6-inch) blocks for The Quilt Show 2009 Block of the Month (Stars for a New Day) quilt. I also finished several more of the 4" border stars. I even made four little Monkey Wrench blocks. Check them out.Here is a closeup of the blocks that measure 6 1/2" unfinished. They really take a long time to do. Each of them has lots of pieces (as you can see). The seams have to be pressed open and each seam has to be pinned. It is fun, though, to put the different fabrics together. The blocks are exactly the same, but look how different they look depending on what fabric is used and the placement of each fabric. Some would say I'm in half-square triangle hell! I may feel like that before I get all twenty done!I mentioned making a name tag in my last blog. I finished it and wore it to the guild meeting last week. I used a couple of fabric beads I made to decorate it and attached a piece of an old necklace so I could wear the name tag on a cord. The shapes were cut from hand-dyed and batik fabrics and were fused in place. They were then stitched down with clear polyester thread. I printed my name out on the computer and used that as a pattern for the letters in my name. The edges of the name tag were satin stitched with variegated thread. I used boot Pellon (a Timtex-like material) for the base. The name tag measures 4" X 6". I think I may make a couple more. I'll post them if I do.
I'll be heading to the Chicago quilt show later this week. I'll try to get some pictures to share with you, so check back!