This is the original (below). The overdye is underneath it.
The piece below actually turned out paler than it looks in this picture. The overdyed piece is below it.
If you'd like to find out about my process and see the work in stages, check out this blog post from the And Then We Set It On Fire blog. You can also see what some of the other resident artists have been doing. If you'd like to try some yourself, Lisa Kerpoe has a great tutorial on the Fire blog here.
While I had my dyes out, I decided to dye some thread. I soda ash soaked some cotton crochet thread and wrapped it around some rolled up plastic mesh. Then I used an eye dropper to drop Pumpkin Spice, Golden Yellow, and Mixing Red dyes onto the thread. I haven't rinsed it yet, but I'm sure liking how it looks right now!