This week I have continued work on my second piece for the SAQA exhibit explained here. The background is machine quilted. Hopefully, it looks like snow. The main design for this piece is made of hand and machine appliqued bias strips, pieced blackbirds, and fused bird shapes. Last week I only had the background finished. This week I got all of the birds put on and the bias strips appliqued around most of them.
I've also worked on some English paper pieced hexagons. I started out using 3/4" hexagons; but once I saw a quilt made of tiny hexagons at The Sanctuary (in this post), I changed my mind and redid it using 1/2" hexagons. The littler hexagons are on the top piece; what I had finished already with the 3/4" hexagons is below it.
Check back next Friday to see if I have made any progress. Please leave a comment; I love to read them. It is nice to know that I'm not just "talking" to myself!